Easy: we smash them first with much more power . However, why this 20% of lucky citizens accept and agree and support such primitive strategy?
1. media propaganda. We are the good, they are the bad, We are the right ones, they are wrong. We are democratic, they love dictatorship.
2. fear. If we do not kill them, they will kill us.
3. ignorance. We bring them freedom and democracy and we help them: they are too primitive to develop more than what they are.
4. evil. They are the problem, we are the solution, and we love the sound of our automatic machines.
… and then, there is a part of this 20% who does not agree and try to think:
- is there a solution different than war?
- what if we used the same amount of money for health and culture instead of war?
- are thoughts too weak against bombs?
- is it anyway too late and we are all damned since we are part of this 20%?
It is difficult to dislike a situation if there are no alternative solutions to propose. Point 2 is difficult to overcome.